How catty!

How catty!

Black Cat“How catty” here does not project a woman’s nature. But the two cat siblings I got to capture through my camera recently. These two baby cats grabbed my attention last Sunday morning. They had a distinctively thin voice but their eyes scarred me as mine was an ungentlemanly clicked (without their permission). But soon they got into the comfort zone and posed haply for me.

Also, here are few facts about cats and its superstition (source: Google Search):

  1. Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more often left pawed. Interestingly, 90% of humans are right handed; the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.
  2. Cats are extremely sensitive to vibrations, they can detect earthquake tremors 10 or 15 minutes before humans can.
  3. Most of Europe considers the black cat a symbol of bad luck, especially if one crosses paths with a person, which is believed to be an omen of misfortune and death.
  4. In Germany, some believe that black cats crossing a person’s path from right to left, is a bad omen. But from left to right, the cat is granting favorable times. In Britain and Australia, black cats are considered lucky. The Scottish believes that strange black cat’s arrival to the home signifies prosperity.

On superstition, once I read very good lines from Swami Vivekananda, would like to share with you: “I would rather have every one of you be rank atheists than superstitious fools. There is no mystery in religion. Mystery mongering and superstition are always signs of weakness. These are always signs of degradation and of death. Therefore beware of them; be strong, and stand on your own feet. Be strong, get beyond all superstitions, and be free.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.